Thursday, October 2, 2008

POSE Cert, drills and 10,000 challenge

Officially registered for the run and endurance cert on Nov 8th and 9th. Looking forward to that and, in preparation, I bought a POSE book for triathletes and have finally gotten through the intro (100+ pages) and am into the drill section. Will start learning POSE so that, when I actually get to the cert, they can correct my form, rather than teaching it whole hog.

On the walk home last night, which, because I forgot a key ended up being about an hour of walking and 20 minutes of biking, I was considering the 100 day Burpee challenge. I failed out of it early on when I couldn't so much as walk for 10 days without pain. It is now day 80 and people have gotten much stronger and better at burpees, but are complaining of repetitive stress injury and lack of recovery. With the idea of using the constant working of an exercise, I modified the challenge and have developed a my own, using pushups.

So, today will be the first day of the 10,000 Pushup challenge. Rules are simple: Do 10K pushups in as few days as possible while avoiding injury. No limit or quota for each day. Just get them done. Pushups done as part of a WoD count and I will endeavor to keep a counter at the bottom of each post to track how many have been completed. Should be fun.

Pushups completed: 0

No comments: