Monday, October 6, 2008

Crossfit Baseline, Dinners and Fully Automatic Fun

Friday was a rest night, so I did five rounds of the baseline test:
500m row
40 squats
30 sit ups
20 pushups
10 chest to bar pull ups

35:06

Went wayyyy to hard on the first row and it screwed me. Felt nauseas and the fourth round was terrible at around 9 minutes long. Most people only do this as one round and use that to gauge improvement over time. I wanted to get some real rowing in and, as a bonus, do my 100 pushups for the day as part of the WoD.

Then on to the rest night dinner with over 20 CFNYC'ers. Had a great time at a Mexican place in Hell's Kitchen, celebrated Erica's B-day and generally had fun. Also got to talk to some of the Manhattan people that I don't normally see. Good times.

Saturday, I finally got the replacement computer running and had a 4 hour orgy of computer game playing. AAHHH, so good to play again. Then to Dan's for a good home-cooked French meal with a wonderful Chocolate Almond cake for dessert. Good food and better company.

Sunday was Crossfit goes to the gun range. Went with Martin, Hope (Martin's wife) and Juan and we rented a .22 pistol, 1911 .45 auto and, best of all, a silenced, fully automatic MP5 submachine gun. That was, quite possibly, the most awesome day of shooting I have ever had. Everyone had a great time and I will post photos when I get the opportunity.

Pushups: 420

No comments: