Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jerking, sprinting and Nicole

Tuesday was 7x1 push jerks. I learned that my form is terrible for this and it cost me weight, as I was only able to put up 155 (30 pounds less than Martin, who I outweigh by 10-15 pounds). That night, I did 4x400 sprints on 38th street (across 6th ave), which, to my chagrin, was all uphill and in the cold. Ended up with 81, 89, 84, 86. Sad performance, but it was cold and I was tired.

Wednesday was Nicole, which is AMRAP 20 min of:
400m run
max pull ups

I subbed Chest to Rings, as my grip with gloves on sucks and the taped rings help. It also meant that I couldn't do as many pullups and, therefore, could get more rounds in.

Today is a Rest Day for the mainsite, so it will be a 5K time trial for me. Good thing I brought warm clothing.

Last, I am bowing out of my own pushup challenge. The extra recovery time necessary to continue going at a reasonable pace is better used in recovering from the increased running. Since the marathon is only two and half months away, that is what I need to focus on.

No comments: