Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Inverted Burpees? What the hell is that?

Today's WoD was 5 rounds of 25 reps of inverted burpees, pullups, burpees. An inverted burpee begins in a supine position (on your back) roll forward and kick up into a handstand (usually against a wall). I scaled as follows:

5 rounds for time:

15 inverted burpees
15 pullups
15 burpees

24:08. The inverts were ugly after the first couple of sets and I fell a few times. Some reps didn't count and things got a little blurry when I tried to finish quickly at the end. Good times.

After the WoD, I got a good cool down stretch period, followed by POSE drills and pushups. Long night at the box, but a productive one. Watching people do the full WoD was sad, as I saw the firebreathers get humbled by the sheer rep count.

Pushups: 3840

No comments: