Monday, June 2, 2008

Steak, Shots and Bull-Riding, Yeah, it's a Crossfit Party

Friday was Hari's, a trainer at the Black Box, birthday and that meant that 30+ fitness freaks descended on Roth's Steakhouse on the Upper West Side to feed like a plague of locusts on their tasty meats. Many diets went on hold, mine included, with the promise of Filet Mignon with Bernaise sauce and three flavors of gelato. After the party, a younger group of 7, basically mean and a bunch of 24 year olds, piled into a car meant for four and went down to the lower east side to Mason Dixon. There, we ordered up some vodka shots, beers and got our drink on. After sufficient fueling, I decided to lead the group in the main event of the evening- mechanical bull riding.

Normally, I would say that the idea of me riding a mechanical bull, strap in one hand, leapord print cowboy hat in another is ridiculous. Now, picture that, except I am wearing my $500 designer suit as I went to the party straight from work. What can I say, I don't really have much dignity left. Pictures will be posted as soon as I get them.

No comments: