Monday, June 16, 2008

Lazy weekend

Had a good weekend, but a little light on the training. Saturday was 20 minutes of kayaking, which showed me that I really suck at kayaking, but not as much as the average NY'er. Also got the chance to talk to a rep at Osprey, who recommended a backpack for short adventure racing. Will have to try it out at EMS and maybe use the 15% off coupon they gave me to get a new backpack. I could definitely use a new backpack for general use, as mine is falling apart.

Rest of the weekend was mostly destination biking. Not taxing, but certainly useful for getting my ass used to the saddle. BBQ went well and it was good to drink too much and hang with cool people. I rarely do the former and it is difficult to get too much of the latter. Now I am ready to get my crossfit on.

No comments: