Monday, September 15, 2008

1 year anniversary

Today is my one year anniversary with Melissa. In addition to a pleasant couple of days and a first date redux, this weekend has afforded me an opportunity to look at some of my goals, accomplishments and failures over the last year.

First, it would be difficult to disagree with the statement that I am in the best shape of my life. I can lift more, run farther, recover faster and have the highest level of confidence in my own physical ability than at any other time. Moreover, I feel like I have climbed to the top of a mountain, looked briefly around at how far I have climbed and then immediately started to look for more mountains to climb. I want to continue to feel that drive to do more, faster, better and have fun while doing it.

To that end, I have been trying to also find the appropriate training/living balance, which seems to work out to 5-6 days on and 1-2 days off, usually weekends. Sadly, some days, like today, get in the way and I have to stay late at work. Will hopefully continue tomorrow.

No comments: