Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Halfway Done

Well, June 30 just passed, so the year is half over. Guess it is time to take a look at my 2008 goals and see how I am measuring up. The short list of goals I posted here was as follows:

1. Take 10 mins off my time for the urbanathlon. This isn't until 9/27, so no definitive data, but I am faster and stronger than ever before, so I feel that I am on the right track. Will have to start doing stair work again, to train up those leg muscles.

2.Get in shape for the running/camping trip in August. Date changed, but I think we are still going. Same as above, don't know until I try, but I certainly feel more prepared.

3. Free standing hand stand and full ROM HSPU. Don't have either. Been practicing, mostly the free standing, but not much progress. Will have to push harder.

4. Full ROM Muscle up. Unqualified success. I not only got my first (fluke) one, but I have pulled the second and third as well. Now I just need to grease the groove so I can do them over and over.

5. Compete in a Sprint Triathlon or Adventure Race. DONE! Not only done, but done well, given that I finished top ten in the adventure race. Plans are in place to do the triathlon and at least one more AR before season's end.

2/3 possible goals accomplished so far, good work on the rest. Looks good. I will admit that my non-physical goals haven't been met as well and I have pretty much given up on some of them, like learning conversational spanish. I just don't have time to spend on that, between the gym, weekend activities and work. It would be nice, but it is less important for overall happiness. Guess it is time to re-assess the rest of my 2008 goals and get them back up on the fridge.

No comments: